Saturday, May 5, 2018

I’m Engaged!!!

Valentine’s Day 2018 will be a Valentine’s Day that I will always remember.


For those of you who have been reading this blog for awhile, you know that I’ve had a fair amount of relationship blunders over the past decade.

But for nearly two years, I’ve been in a relationship, and I haven’t really blogged about it.  At some point, I pledged to myself that the relationship would be the one that I didn’t really talk about publicly.  Maybe subconsciously, I knew this time was different.

So I haven’t written about the ups or the downs, or anything, really.

But on Valentine’s Day, we got engaged!!!

It was a total surprise.  I had been really upset over the holidays because I thought it was going to happen and it didn’t.  So I put it out of my mind.  I figured that if it was going to happen, it would when it was meant to.

So on February 14, 2018, my fiancée made me dinner.  Then he gave me a giant pink gift bag full of pink tissue paper.  I kept pulling tissue paper out of the bag, and when I got to the bottom of it, there was nothing in it.  I looked at him and he got down on one knee.

The rest is kind of a blur.  I think I may have blacked out a bit.  The only words that came out of my mouth were, “Are you serious?”  While I had been waiting for this for a long time, when it actually happened, it was kind of surreal. I know that we hugged for a long time, and I said “yes” when I realized I hadn’t said it yet.

The proposal was perfect.  It was just us, at home.  And he even met with my mom beforehand, which was really sweet and something that he knew was really important to me.

Right now, I’m enjoying soaking us this exciting time and plotting and planning so that we can have the perfect wedding for us.

We’re getting married May 5, 2019.


This time next year, I’ll be married!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats. Been married 43 years! May you be as happy as we are

    ReplyDelete